Acceptable Use Policy for Website
for use of genekeys.com website
This is our acceptable use policy. If you use our website, it means that the policy applies to you and that you agree with it as part of our Website Terms.
We may change these terms, so we expect you to check this page from time to time as the changes will be binding on you. There may also be changes elsewhere on our site.
2.Who We Are
genekeys.com is operated by Gene Keys Publishing Ltd, a UK Limited company registered in England under company number 10496695.
Some important details about us:
Our registered office is at: 13 Freeland Park, Wareham Road, Poole, BH16 6FA
Our VAT number is: GB367607371
3.What you must not do
You must not use the site to do any of the following:
- Break any laws or regulations
- Do anything fraudulent, or which has a fraudulent effect
- Harm or attempt to harm minors or adults
- Do anything with material that does not meet our content standards (these are listed below)
- Do anything with unsolicited advertising material (known as spam)
- Transmit any data or material that is harmful to other programs, software, or hardware (for example, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, etc.)
- Copy in any way or re-sell any part of our site (unless we allow it under our website terms)
- Interfere with or damage any part of our site, equipment, network, software or storage arrangements.
Here are our content standards. They apply to all material that you contribute to our site and to all interactive services. You must follow these standards carefully, but please also follow the spirit of them.
Your contributions must be:
- Accurate (if they are factual)
- Genuine (if they state opinions)
- Within the law
Your contributions must not be:
- Defamatory, obscene or offensive
- Likely to deceive, harass, annoy, threaten, or invade someone else’s privacy.
And they must not:
- Promote material that is sexually explicit
- Promote violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, age, disability, or sexual orientation
- Infringe anyone else’s intellectual property
- Be used to impersonate anyone, or misrepresent anyone’s identity
- Encourage or assist anything that breaks the law
Our standards for interactive services, such as chat rooms, forums and bulletin boards, are as follows:
- We may not moderate the site
- We will respond if there is any complaint about any contributor to the site and take appropriate action, which may result in that contributor being excluded from the site
Please note, however, that we are not required to moderate our interactive service. We will not be responsible for any loss to anyone who does not use our site according to our standards (whether or not we have moderated the service).
6.Important Notice for Parents
Our website and course materials are not designed for children or young people under the age of 18 years. Any use of our products or services by anyone under the age of 18 years is the sole responsibility and risk of the parent or guardian.
7.Disclosure to Courts
If you have to disclose Confidential Information by order of a court or other appropriate public body you may do so.
8.Suspension and Termination
If we think you have breached this policy, we will take whatever steps we think are necessary.
These might include:
- Stopping your use of the site temporarily or permanently
- Removing material you have put on the site
- Sending you a warning
- Taking legal action
- Telling the appropriate authorities
We exclude legal responsibility and cost for actions we take to deal with your breach of our policy.