- Profile Visibility & Advanced Privacy Options
- Control who can visit / see your Profile page at all, and whether or not you accept Connection Requests
- By default, all users are set to Private to “My Connections” only –> change to “Logged in users” to allow more people to visit your profile page
- Edit my Social Profile & Global Member Directory visibility
- Control who can see your Name & About information from the Global Member Directory
- Edit Email Preferences
- Change your account email or control which site notifications will send you an email notice
- Review your newsletter preferences here
Levels of Privacy / Visibility
- Only Me: Hidden to all users except you.
- My Connections or “Friends Only” (Default Setting): If you accept a connection / friend request with another user, they can view this part of your profile. No other site user can visit your profile until you have consented via the My Connections option
- My Group Members: You may be apart of a group such as a Virtual Retreat. This option lets you connect with users who you may not yet know, but share a common group.
- All Members or “logged in members”: This allows any user of genekeys.com to view your profile, regardless of if you are connected yet. Only logged in users will see your information. This is good if you want to be visible in the larger Gene Keys community.
- Public: This is the public to all users, whether they are logged in or not.
Global Member Directory Visibility
Search the Global Member Directory – https://genekeys.com/members
Edit your Global Member Directory Visibility – https://genekeys.com/members/me/profile/edit/group/1/
- Private User: This visibility option means you will only display in specific Private Groups you have joined or been registered to. If you do not want to be visible in a particular group, click “Leave Group” and “Confirm Leave”. This will remove your access to that group forum and member directory
- Community Member: This visibility options means you will be displayed and searchable in the Global Members Directory to any logged in user on genekeys.com. You can still control what people see on your profile, but your name and Photo will be available.
Advanced Profile Privacy
Profile Drop Down Menu –> Account Settings –> Profile Visibility
Here you can choose if you want to…
- Allow other users to send you friend requests / connection requests
- Show your “last active time” to other users
- Show your member profile page, friends list, or groups to other users
- This option controls access to your About Me and Hologenetic Profile information
Blocking / Ignore other Users and Moderation tools
For all community conversation, we ask our users to follow the values of the Gene Keys approach, and honor one another with respect and courtesy. However, if any conflict or inappropriate behavior emerges between users, we do have moderation tools to support a safe and inclusive environment for all.
If you prefer to ignore / block another user, you will not see their posts in any of your groups nor will either of you be able to message one another. For more information please visit the Moderation, Blocking, & Reporting FAQ