The Gene Keys
The Delta is a game inspired by and powered by the Gene Keys. The Gene Keys are a Transformational Wisdom laid out over many years by Richard Rudd. There are a total of 64 Gene Keys, which are based on the Chinese I Ching. It is not necessary to know anything about the Gene Keys in order to play the Delta, although you will be contemplating 8 of the Gene Keys in this course as you move through your 8 week-long process. If you are interested in learning more about the Gene Keys, you may wish to explore the rest of this website.
The 4 Qualities of the Gene Keys Approach
The Gene Keys are based on Four Noble Qualities known as the Gene Keys Approach. These qualities also underpin the Delta process, creating a safe inner and outer space for transformation to occur. It is very important to be well grounded in these qualities and to do our best to embody them as we each play the Delta game.
- Contemplation – taking full responsibility for one’s inner state, using everyday challenges for growth and transformation.
- Inquiry – asking the profound introspective questions, inviting wisdom to come from within. Cultivating a state of authentic presence in all situations.
- Gentleness – nurturing a kind and gracious approach towards self and others. Encouraging a spirit of unwinding and unlearning versus striving and fixing.
- Patience – cultivating compassion, honesty and curiosity with an inherent trust in the underlying process.
Sharing Circle Values
In your Sharing Circles, we ask you for your agreement to the following values:
- to embrace the Gene Keys Approach through the practice of Inquiry, Contemplation, Gentleness and Patience.
- to help model respect by being fully present. (Please don’t be distracted by your devices or environment)
- to receive others in silence and compassion, without judgement or interruption.
- to honour and respect the confidentiality that is shared between you.
- ask for everyone’s consent if the group wishes to record the call.
- to use “I” statements and share from your own personal experience and feelings.
- to welcome any feelings that arise, as opportunities for insight and contemplation.
- to cultivate humility and to avoid giving unsolicited advice, keeping any personal, professional or therapeutic opinion to yourself.
This programme is a personal journey of self-exploration that should not be entered into lightly. Your participation in this programme is your acceptance that we do not provide any type of psychological, therapeutic support or other professional advice. You are fully responsible for your own wellbeing, choices and actions.