- I do not recognize the name of the person associated as my affiliate?
- How do I change which affiliate I want to give my commission to?
- I don't want to give anyone an affiliate commission, how can I remove this feature or donate it to those in need?
- How does the affiliate system work?
- What are Cookies & Cache?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies & cache?
- How do I become a Gene Keys Affiliate?
The Gene Keys organisation aims to inspire a spirit of passionate generosity while sharing the teachings far and wide. This is why our Gene Keys Guides and various Network Partners can earn revenue based on referral sales made on the genekeys.com shop.
When you click an affiliate link, your web browser has a “cookie” attached to it for up to 90 days, that let’s our shop know your purchase will attribute a commission for the affiliate who brought you to the website. You can transparently see who will be given a commission based on your purchase, an option to pay it forward to our Scholarship Fund instead, or instructions for how to remove this cookie entirely from your web browser.
Below you can learn more about our affiliate policy, how to manage your own affiliate settings, and tools for our current affiliates.
I do not recognize the name of the person associated as my affiliate?
Most likely you have clicked a link from one of our Network Partners or Guides without knowing it. Often affiliate links can be hidden inside hyperlinks or buttons.
If you do not want to attribute to an affiliate you do not know, you are welcome to follow the instructions here to change it!
How do I change which affiliate I want to give my commission to?
- Ask the Affiliate to whom you want to award your commission to give you a special link, it will have a URL like /ref/123. Once you click this link you are now linked to that Affiliate for 30 days. This will override any other affiliate IDs associated with your web browser history.
- Alternatively, you can clear the cookies & cache on your current web browser to reset your current Affiliate ID.
- If you do not have any previous affiliate cookies on your web browser, you can also enter the referral ID number on the checkout page
I don’t want to give anyone an affiliate commission, how can I remove this feature or donate it to those in need?
- Click this link to reset your connected affiliate ID to our Scholarship Team. No money will be awarded to independent affiliates, but will instead be donated back into our scholarship fund.
- Alternatively, you can simply reset your web browser’s cookies and cache to delete any affiliate ID from your purchases.
How does the affiliate system work?
- Gene Keys Guides and select Network Partners will each have their own unique affiliate referral ID & URL. Anyone can enter the affiliate ID during the checkout process to award a commission on that sale to a specific affiliate.
- Alternatively, the Affiliate URL will add a cookie to your web browser’s history, signifying that you arrived to genekeys.com from the recommendation of that particular affiliate.
- Once you click an affiliate URL, any purchase you make within 30 days will award a commission to that affiliate.
- If you click a new affiliate URL during that time, it will override your original cookie, and you will now be attributing your referral sales commissions to this new affiliate.
- You can tell if a link has a referral ID linked to it when you see the URL /ref/ followed by the unique ID number. For example you might see a link that looks like genekeys.com/affiliates/ref/2001
- This link would assign you to the Affiliate ID 2001, and any purchased made within 30 days would attribute an award to that affiliate.
- Once you click an affiliate link once, you do not need to see the affiliate ID in the URL anymore, it will be invisibly added as a “cookie” to your browser and you can use the site normally. For example you may click a link to the home page that says https://genekeys.com/ref/2001 –> you can then use the menu and click Shop. The /ref/2001 part of the URL will disappear, but you are still connected to that Affiliate
- You can remove any affiliate referrals from your system by clearing the cookies & cache for your web browser.
What are Cookies & Cache?
As you use the internet, web browsers collect data about your preferences, searches, and internet history. To keep your browser running optimally, it’s a good idea to clear your cache and cookies periodically.
Both cache and cookies are designed to improve website performance and user experience through storing data on your devices. However, there are differences between the two:
- Cookies are used to store information to track different characteristics related to the user, while the cache is used to make web pages load faster.
- Cookies store information such as user preferences, while cache retains resource files such as audio, video, or flash files.
- Cookies usually expire after some time, but cache remains in the user’s device until manually removed.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
How do I clear my browser’s cookies & cache?
Impact of clearing your cookies and cache
- You may be logged out of your Gene Keys account. When logging back in be sure to click Remember Me checkbox, to avoid needing to login often
- You will lose which Affiliate you are linked to for referral sales. If you want to give a commission of sales on your purchase to a particular Guide or Network Partner, be sure to click their affiliate link AGAIN after clearing your cookies and cache.
- Some web pages will need to load images again, so the first time you visit a page on genekeys.com it will take a little longer to reload
- Though we are here to help, we cannot guarantee customer support to all web browsers, devices, and third party apps outside of genekeys.com
How to delete history on Google Chrome:
- Click the Tools menu (i.e., three dotted lines in the upper-right corner).
- Select History.
- Select Clear Browsing Data from the left-hand side. Set the Time Range set to All Time. Check-mark Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files and select Clear Data.
- If you are on a Windows computer, close and reopen Chrome to save your changes. If you are on an Apple computer, go to the Chrome menu on the top menu bar and select Quit for the changes to take effect.
How to clear history on Google Chrome for iOS:
- Open Google Chrome on your iOS device.
- Click on the menu toolbar in the bottom right corner
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Cookies, Site Data, and Cached Images and Files. At the top, set the Time Range set to All Time.
- Click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom of the screen.
Confirm by clicking Clear Browsing Data again.
How to delete history on Firefox:
- Click on the Tools bar.
- Click on Options (On Mac, it is labeled Preferences).
- On the menu to the left, select Privacy & Security.
- Under the Cookies and Site Data option, click the Clear Data button.
- Select only the two options and hit clear now.
If you are on a Windows computer, close and reopen Firefox to save your changes. If you are on an Apple computer, go to the Firefox menu on the top menu bar and select Quit for the changes to take effect.
How to clear history on Safari for macOS:
- Click on Safari on the top menu bar.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Manage Website Data.
- Click Remove All.
- Click Remove Now.
- Go to the Safari menu on the top menu bar.
Select Quit to close Safari and save your changes.
How to delete history on Safari for iOS – how to delete cookies on iPhone:
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down to the Safari menu.
- Scroll down and select Clear History and Website Data.
- You will see a pop-up asking if you want to clear the History and Data. Select Clear History and Data.
The button for Clear History and Website Data will turn gray when the cache and cookies have been successfully cleared.
How to clear history on Microsoft Edge for Windows 10:
- Click the Tools menu (three dotted lines in the upper-right corner), and open the Settings menu
- Click Privacy, search, and services on the left-side menu.
- Under the section Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear.
- Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear Now.
- Close Microsoft Edge for your changes to take effect.
How do I become a Gene Keys Affiliate?
If you wish to become a Gene Keys affiliate, you need to have first signed up with our Guides Programme. Click here to learn more
For more information or proposals for partnership please contact email@example.com